Saturday, February 6, 2010

Questioning Abrahams Faith

We had a debate on Abrahams faith in our house a couple of weeks back.
1. Abraham was asked to leave his family and go
Abraham took his Brother along with him
Result - Soddom Gomorrah
2. Abraham was asked to go to cannan
Abraham went to Egypt cos there was famine in Cannan
Result - Sarah was taken by Egypts king as Abraham lied about Sarah as his sister
3. Abraham was promised a son
Abraham bore a son via the slave girl
Result - World being split by Muslims and Jews

Looking at all this, we argued that how could Abraham be the father of faith. Was not he the reason for all the war in the World. All the bitterness and hatredness. If Abraham was the father of faith - "Why did he not wait for Sarah to bore him a son?"

Our Father wanted to prove his point of why Abraham was "FATHER OF FAITH".
Certain activities went wrong in my current organization and I wanted to try out. In fact the Lord was so sweet, that offers came from 2 big giant companies. I went till the last round of 1 gaint company and yet could not clear it.
I went to the final rounds of the second giant company and went all the way till HR round. (Usually anybody who goes to HR Round is considered selected) - The Lord had promised me the Job in this organization for I could hear him speak to me in my consiousness.
Yet the Lord wanted only 1 thing from me
"Do not call the company back, they would call me back to inform my status" - This was what the lord told me. The Lord wanted to test my Faith and patience.
Though I had faith in MY FATHER, I ran out of patience and made a call to the company. The HR said things were looking good and I should get a call.
- First Proof of Lord that the Job was mine
I apologized to my Lord and said I will keep my promise and faith and would not initiate any contant with the Org.
Again I had not got any call from the company - I LOST MY PATIENCE and sent a mail to the HR asking what the status was. I got a call the next day stating. Things were looking good and everything should get processed in 3 to 4 days
- Second Proof of the Lord
Again after 4 days as I had not got any call, I dropped in a mail AGAIN.

Thats when the Lord remainded me of Abraham
Abraham too had faith, just like how I believed that the Job was mine - (Though its human to keep doubting our father. Our father loves us even when we doubt his sincerity)
Abraham was 100 yrs old and Sarah was 90. Abraham still had faith. We are not sure when the Lord would have said Abraham would have kids. Probably at the age of 40 max. For 60 years Abraham trusted the Lord. 60 LONG YEARS. Even now Abraham trusted the lord, but probably just ran out of patience.
He probably assumed that the slave girl was the will of the Lord - How else would Sarah herself come and ask Abraham to bore a child through the slave girl. Abraham probably thought this was the will of the father. Abraham never doubted the Father, he only assumed what the father might have wanted him to do.
I could not wait for 2 weeks. Abraham waited for 60 yrs.

Abraham, I am sorry to have doubted your faith. Strenthen our faith and help not make the same mistake you committed. Let us know the will of the Father..

No comments:

Post a Comment